Personal accident cover offers a payout should anyone included on the policy be injured due to an accident whilst away.
The following benefits, which will be paid to you or your legal personal representative, if you have a personal accident during your trip which, at the end of 12 months after the date of that accident, is the sole cause of your consequent death or disability:
1) Death – £25,000
2) loss of limb, total and permanent loss of sight in one or both eyes or permanent total disablement – £25,000
NOTE – If you are aged under 16 or over 70 at the time of the accident the death benefit will be limited to funeral and other expenses up to £2,000 and the permanent total disablement benefit will not apply.
Any claims for death, loss or disablement caused directly or indirectly by:
1) a disease or any physical defect or illness;
2) an injury which existed prior to the commencement of the trip;
4) any claims under this section not notified to us within 12 months of the date of the accident;
5) anything mentioned in the General Exclusions.